Thunderbird Times

The Student News Site of Utah Military Academy

Thunderbird Times

Thunderbird Times

Ogden

• 12 PM
    91 °
  • 1 PM
    92 °
  • 2 PM
    93 °
  • 3 PM
    94 °
  • 4 PM
    95 °
  • 5 PM
    94 °
  • 6 PM
    93 °
  • 7 PM
    90 °
  • 8 PM
    83 °
  • 9 PM
    79 °
  • 10 PM
    77 °
  • 11 PM
    76 °
  • 12 AM
    76 °
  • 1 AM
    77 °
  • 2 AM
    75 °
  • 3 AM
    74 °
  • 4 AM
    73 °
  • 5 AM
    73 °
  • 6 AM
    74 °
  • 7 AM
    76 °
  • 8 AM
    79 °
  • 9 AM
    81 °
  • 10 AM
    83 °
  • 11 AM
    85 °
  • 12 PM
    86 °
July 13
95°/ 69°
Sunny
July 14
91°/ 68°
Sunny
July 15
87°/ 66°
Sunny
Poll

This poll has ended.

What's Your Favorite Subject?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Track and Field

Updates on UMA’s Track and Field team

Track and Fields’ season has been going great so far. They have had around ten meets, and each of them have been a success, whether individually or as a team.

Coach Jed Davies has a goal to make sure that their Boy’s team will make Region, as well as the Girl’s Jr. High district. “Several individuals have made great progress this season,” he said. “They’ll be the ones helping us get through Region and State.”

Cadet Jocelynn Peery has been one of the athletes that will carry the team into Region and State. She has had four 4 meets so far (not including Region), and despite having joined late, has contributed to the team exponentially. In Region, she won 1st place for both her 200 meter run and her 800 meter run.

Cadet Peery’s goals are humble. “I wanna try to get under a 6-minute mile this year, or at least hit the 6-minute mark.” She said. Many runners know this kind of goal is one that takes a lot of effort, so there’s plenty of anticipation to achieve it.

Cadet Jocelynn Peery on a run on the track.

Recently, they had their Region tournament, and placed 1st overall. They had several individual awards from both the Track teams and the Field teams.

Overall, the Track and Field team have been working their way up to the top, and everyone is excited for the upcoming competitions. With how the team has progressed this year, there are high hopes that the team will place well.