Thunderbird Times

The Student News Site of Utah Military Academy

Thunderbird Times

Thunderbird Times

Ogden

• 10 PM
    54 °
  • 11 PM
    53 °
  • 12 AM
    52 °
  • 1 AM
    52 °
  • 2 AM
    51 °
  • 3 AM
    50 °
  • 4 AM
    50 °
  • 5 AM
    50 °
  • 6 AM
    50 °
  • 7 AM
    53 °
  • 8 AM
    55 °
  • 9 AM
    57 °
  • 10 AM
    59 °
  • 11 AM
    61 °
  • 12 PM
    62 °
  • 1 PM
    63 °
  • 2 PM
    64 °
  • 3 PM
    65 °
  • 4 PM
    65 °
  • 5 PM
    66 °
  • 6 PM
    65 °
  • 7 PM
    61 °
  • 8 PM
    58 °
  • 9 PM
    55 °
  • 10 PM
    53 °
May 13
71°/ 52°
Patchy rain nearby
May 14
66°/ 49°
Sunny
May 15
62°/ 49°
Patchy rain nearby
Poll

This poll has ended.

What's Your Favorite Subject?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Winter Wonderland of Drinks Near You

Trying Christmas Holiday Drinks

Winter finally upon us. So, it’s out with the fall and in with the winter drinks. Not including eggnog and apple cider, many of the stores, fast food places, and walk-in drink places, many places sell winter drinks. 

Starbucks – 

• New Starbucks® Iced Gingerbread Oatmilk Chai – 8/10 – “Honestly a pretty good drink. Good spices and flavor added into the drink. The oatmilk in the base was delicious, contributing a thick, creamy richness and subtle nutty flavor. It was very sweet, which I’m not opposed to. The creaminess seemed to dominate, throwing off the spice ratio. As with the froth, the spice in the base seemed very cinnamon-forward.”
  • Starbucks® Caramel Brulée Latte  – 8/10 – “I love this drink. It’s my go-to drink for the holidays. I usually get the hot version, but the iced and frappuccino are still just as good.”
  • New Oleato™ Gingerbread Oatmilk Latte  – 7/10 – “I couldn’t even tell there was olive oil in the Oleato Gingerbread Oatmilk Latte, and wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t in the name. The olive oil discreetly works to tie all the flavors together, melding beautifully with the sweetness of the gingerbread, the nuttiness of the oat milk, and the zing of tangerine.”
  • McDonald’s Peppermint Mocha – 7/10 “McDonald’s drinks are usually too sweet for me. The peppermint mocha is okay. McDonald’s peppermint mocha is available hot, iced, or as hot chocolate, and features espresso, milk, chocolate mint syrup, and a topping of whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.”
  • Wendy’s – Peppermint Frosty  – 9/10 “Frosty’s never disappoint. The Peppermint Frosty is a perfect middle ground between vanilla and mint-flavored ice cream. I’m a mint ice cream lover, and this had just enough peppermint flavor to balance off the vanilla base.”